HYUNDAI MOBIS has obtained certifications for Occupational Health
and Safety Management System (OHSAS) 18001
and Korea Occupational Safety Health Agency (KOSHA) 18001.”
In 2013, the safety and health management system of all domestic manufacturing sites of Hyundai MOBIS earned OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series) at the international level and KOSHA 18001 (Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency) at the national level.
The safety and health management system refers to a corporate management system where safety and health policies are reflected in the management principles and the related practice guidelines as well as the criteria are determined as regulations to be applied to the performances of tasks.
Succeeded to maintain the accreditations by improving the issues of nonconformance. Our overseas corporate body also gained OHSAS 18001, and we plan to have all other overseas manufacturing sites be certified as well.
Safety Management Strategy
Realization of a ‘Safe and Strong Workplace’
HYUNDAI MOBIS pursues safety management through its business policy that states ‘safety and health are the priorities for all business activities’. We are also promoting various policies to create a safe workplace and improve employee satisfaction.
Reinforcement of the Danger Prevention Management System
- Systemize onsite management of risk factors
- Establish system based inspection
- Achieve ‘ZERO’ risk factors
- Establish an Employee Health Management System
- Build a post-management system for employees diagnosed with possible disease or disorders
- Prevent diseases or injuries from disasters
- Anticipatory environmental policies
- Build the image as an eco-friendly corporation
Establishment of a Safety Culture
- Establish voluntary practice of safety procedures
- Build the system of the '5 Compulsory Safety Procedures'
- Create a voluntary safety culture
- Establish the culture of 'Safety is the Priority'
- Establish a safety training system for employees
- Onsite training system reinforcement (Strengthening internal stability)
- Produce experts → Improvement of training structure
Capability Enhancement for Enterprise Safety Management
- Establish the safety system within corporate partners
- 'Safe Partnership ' operation
- Safety management standard diagnosis / Evaluation
- Establish a global safety management system
- Build global quality safety infrastructure
- Reinforce safety capabilities (Structure /System)
- Global benchmarking
Safety Management Direction
We implement safety and health activities with the goal of achieving the status of a Zero Injury Workplace. We follow a yearly management review system that includes review of performance management on targeted goal by each field, Safety and Health KPI Evaluation, and awards for the excellent workplaces, with the aim of establishing a voluntary and preemptive safety management culture. We also have established IT-based Safety, and a Health and Environmental System (SH&E System) to prevent safety accidents through efficient safety, health, and environment management and its synergy effect